Visual Art Standards and Learning Goals
Conceive and develop new artistic ideas and work.
- Learners will have multiple opportunities to create, communicate and express their ideas.
- Learners will develop their artistic skills by exploring and experimenting with a variety of art mediums, techniques and processes.
- Learners will identify and apply the elements of art and principles of design to develop, refine and complete their artwork.
Interpret and share artistic work.
- Finished artwork will communicate and express learners’ ideas.
- Learners will present works of art that show understanding of techniques and processes used along with good craftsmanship.
- Learners will develop ideas through individual styles and preferences.
Understand and evaluate how art conveys meaning.
- Learners will become familiar with art vocabulary and use it to to describe and explain artistic work.
- Learners will effectively critique their own artwork and the work of their peers.
- Learners will be able to appreciate and respond to all works of art.
Relating artistic ideas and work with personal meaning and external context.
- Learners will be able to connect art to other disciplines, daily life and to the world around them.
- Learners will understand the importance of art through history, in different cultures and societies and make connections to their own lives.